Thursday, February 23, 2012

the next condo president of Del Boca Vista

"...and I want to restore America's promise... What? Applause? Well, as George Costanza would say, ‘When they’re applauding, stop."
 
"Whoa, whoa. Wait just a minute, George didn't say that, I said that. And the line was, 'When you hit the high note, say goodnight and walk off'."
 
"I got that line correct, Rick. People laughed, okay?"
 
"This is a very easily distracted audience. They're riled up and ready to laugh, and Ron Paul hasn't even opened his mouth yet. So, you gonna do it? You gonna say goodnight and walk off?"
 
"That's a preposterous question."
 
"Suit yourself, Mitt. Your moment's passed anyway."
 
"It has not. The latest polls show that I'm surging."
 
"They do not, Mitt. Once again, you're lying."
 
"I am not, Rick. Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."
 
"But you don't believe it. That's just another blatant example of your many lies."
 
"Really. You've been in this race, what, two years, and that's the very best lie that you could come up with? I lie every second of the day, Rick. My whole life is a sham."
 
"Oh, gosh. I might have been a little harsh, and I don't want things to get too ugly..."
 
"That's okay, Rick. And do you know why? Because you are a sanctimonious phony, that's why."
 
"Oh, snap, you really zinged me, Mitt. Ouch. You're going to really see me being a phony, now. I hope you can take this. Maybe you should go in the other room."
 
"Still trying to get rid of me? Too bad, Rick, because I'm still here and you're still a phony. Not that there's anything wrong with that."
 
"No, of course not."
 
"I mean, that's fine if that's who you are."
 
"I think you're being a little condescending, Mitt..."
 
"No, no really. I mean, I have many phony friends. It's just that you're not one of them."
 
"I just hope you won't hold that against me if there should come a time when you need to select a vice president."
 
"Absolutely not, Rick. I think I'm pretty much like you, except for the fact that I'm successful."
 
"You think?"
 
"Oh sure, Rick. We're both just trying to come up with the best possible lie. That's what this is all about."

No comments:

Post a Comment