Wednesday, March 25, 2009

God considering Steele for run


God indicated tonight that he might be open to the possibility of Michael Steele running for president, after the RNC Chairman observed that if a Steele campaign was something that the Deity was really interested, he also would be 'down with it'.

"God has a way of revealing stuff to you, and making it real for you, through others," Steele told CNN. "And if that's part of the plan, it'll be the plan... It'll be because that's where God wants me to be at that time."

"I haven't picked my finalists at this point," said God, speaking from an undisclosed location. "Eric Cantor is a strong up-and-comer, and you've got to admit that Bobby Jindal is a keeper. You know, I was really high on Sarah Palin for a while, but honestly, sometimes when I hear her these days, I really have to strain to remember exactly why it was that I created woman."

"Steele, he could be a real contender. I'm pretty wild about the whole hip-hop Republican thing, I never would have thought that one up in my wildest dreams. Still, for the big race, from the cosmic irony point of view, I'm not quite ready to give up on The Maverick. I'm just thinking that it would be major fun to have John McCain lose one more time."

No comments:

Post a Comment