Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lieberman outed by Politico


Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman adapted a surprisingly philosophical attitude following the disclosure, saying "If there was anyone gay in that picture, I would have guessed it to be Barney Frank. Or maybe even Obama - he could be the gay one. That's what my friend Lindsey Graham told me, and he seems to have a pretty good sense of gaydar. Wouldn't that be a trip? It sure would make the country vulnerable to blackmail, that's what I would worry about."

"Remember James Buchanan? The president right before Lincoln? They sometimes refer to him as the nation's only 'bachelor' president. Yeah right. He used to live with Rufus King, a senator from Alabama. You know what Andrew Jackson used to call old Rufus? Miss Nancy. Or sometimes he'd call him Aunt Fancy. Of course, I shouldn't laugh. I guess they might be saying the same sort of things about me behind my back."

"Anyway, my point is that Buchanan's enemies did find out that he was gay, and they didn't hesitate to blackmail him. That's how we ended up with the Dred Scott laws. And then of course four years later there was the Civil War. So I think that if the president is gay, he should just be up front about it."

"That's what I'm going to do, just be upfront about it. I really don't think this revelation is going to effect me a lot. I mean, I don't feel like making any wholesale lifestyle changes. I gave Hadassah the news, and she told me not to worry about it, so it looks like just business as usual for me."

2 comments:

  1. Is it honesty or stupidity when Joe says this revelation really won't effect him a lot?

    Wait; who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post & nice blog. I love both.

    ReplyDelete