Friday, July 29, 2011

break time

"Oh my God, I can't believe how much this thing stinks."
 
"I know, Harry, I'm about to gag."
 
"The sad thing is, my own bill doesn't smell a whole lot better."
 
"You're being too hard on yourself. I mean, granted that your legislation is an exceedingly generous concession for a Democrat, but it's not foul like this piece of shit."
 
"Well, that's nice of you to say, Mitch."
 
"I know, but don't get used to it. This is likely the only concession you'll get from me any time soon."
 
"I'm sure that's true.. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing it's you and Kyl that have to whip for it."
 
"I'm not going to twist any arms to wrangle votes for this bull crap. Kyl, maybe, but I... I guess I'll have to, a little... Do me a favor, Harry. Get it to a vote as quickly as you can. Make the suffering as short as possible. I'll owe you."
 
"Will you owe me enough to support my crappy bill?"
 
"I don't know, Harry. You know that I've got a crappy bill of my own in play."
 
"The problem is, Mitch, even if your crappy bill clears the Senate, it's not crappy enough to have a chance in the House."
 
"You're probably right, Harry. But then I don't know if anything without a balanced budget amendment would be approved."
 
"Do these morons in the House have any understanding of the fact that while a balanced budget amendment makes a certain amount of sense for a state, it's ludicrous for the nation."
 
"No they do not, and if you tried to explain it to them, they'd just start bitching and moaning about entrenched bureaucracies."
 
"It's sad... Well, you ready to get back on the floor and debate some more meaningless bullshit?"
 
"No, but let's do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment