Friday, September 30, 2011

maverick



"Good times, Joe, good times. You know, you can go to an Applebee's anywhere in this country, and you're going to end up with a smile on your face. Unless you're Cindy."
 
"Yeah, Cindy, put a little wiggle in your wobble."
 
"I don't even know what you're talking about, Joe, but I assure you that my wiggling days are over."
 
"Whoa. Is she always like this, John?"
 
"Most of the time, Joe, but she's still my first lady."
 
"John always gets bubbly like this after a Middle East trip. I'm surprised you didn't go with him, Joe."
 
"Yeah, I know, but it's so hot in Libya this time of year... and John spends all his time talking to Lindsey, so I just..."
 
"You should have. You would have loved Tripoli, Joe, it's exhilarating, it's inspirational, and the people are so grateful to the United States that it really makes you proud."
 
"And to think, there's probably nobody running for president that would have lifted a finger to intervene."
 
"Tell me about it, Joe. I heard Michele Bachmann blaming Obama for the Arab Spring. No shit, blaming him for it. I mean, I don't know how responsible for it he is, but I think high praise would be a better response. I'll tell you one thing though - Obama is one terrorist killing sonofabitch."
 
"He's a terrorist killing machine, John. My God, every time you turn around, he's killing another terrorist."
 
"I guess it's not as hard as President Dunderhead made it sound. It helps out to have a president with ice in his heart. You know, I'm really starting to like this Barack Obama, I don't care what anybody says."
 
"Well, there's certainly nobody running against him that would show his gumption."
 
"I know... there's something really wrong with the Republican party. That's why I'm going to do something you might find a little crazy. I'm going to endorse him for president."
 
"John!"
 
"That's right, Cindy. Maybe even do a little campaigning for him. It'll be the most mavericky thing I've ever done."
 
"I don't know if that's such a good idea, John."
 
"It's the same thing you did for me, Joe. Come on, it would be a lot of fun. Neither of us are running for office again, so what would we have to lose?"
 
"The respect of our... Uh, not a lot, I guess."

No comments:

Post a Comment