Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Perky out in 2010


Half-governor Sarah Palin was the main speaker at a Tea Party gathering in Boston today, drawing a disappointing crowd of around 5,000, far less than the 300,000 people organizers had predicted. Some interpreted it as a sign that many conservative are beginning to tire of her repetitive drivel.

"We'll keep clinging to our Constitution and our guns and religion and you can keep the change," she said. "Don't believe the lies of the lamestream media," she said. "Yeah, let's drill baby drill, not stall baby stall, you betcha," she said.

"Holy cow, did she really say that," asked an incredulous Susan Nichols, an office manager who calls herself very conservative. "I used to be a fan, but lately I'm starting to think that Sarah Palin just goes around repeating the same few catch phrases over and over, like Jimmy JJ Walker. Dy-no-mite, Sarah. Gawd, I can't believe I took a day off for this."

"She kinda reminds me of my ex-wife," said John Massey, a Massachusetts Tea Party activist who skipped the event. "I don't know, all her perky sarcasm just gets to me. When she says 'How's that hopey changey thing workin out for ya' in that irritating sing-songie voice of hers, I wanna tell her, 'I don't know, Sarah, I guess if you're a liberal, it's working out pretty well'."

"I hope the Tea Party folks don't get the wrong idea," said Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown, who also was not in attendance. "I appreciate their help in my election, and fully support their activism, but this event... I guess I was afraid the stupid might rub off on me."

The signs that Palin is quickly becoming last year's model are further born out by the news that SarahPAC, her political action committee, took in only $400,000 during the first three months of 2010. By way of contrast, boring flip-flopper Mitt Romney took in a million and a half, and even invisible man Tim Pawlenty pulled $560,000.

In more bad news, a new Rasmussen poll finds that 76% of self-described conservatives believe that she is 'not the future of the Republican Party, no way, you betcha', and a full 47% now admit to finding Palin totally inane.

2 comments:

  1. Any hope that the Republican party isn't permanently brain damaged should evaporate after discovering only 47% of'm recognize Flailin is totally inane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Klondike is to the Mittster as like, say, Jeezuss is to the Angel Moroni...

    ReplyDelete