Monday, December 27, 2010

Joe's lament


Where have I been? Where have I been? You wanna know where I've been? I'll tell you where I've been. Out. That's where I've been. Anything else you wanna know as long as I'm answering questions?
 
Aw, c'mon Kathleen, you know you don't mean that. It's just been a rough few weeks, that's all. When the going gets tough, the tough get drunk, that's what I always say... Well, I said it today and I'll probably say it again tomorrow. I'm out, baby. I'm out I'm out I'm out. I'm a quitter. Goddammit, I'm sticking with the day job. I know we saw this as a way out of Alaska, but I guess Lisa Murkowski has drunk our fucking milkshake. Stuck her straw in and sucked my votes away. It doesn't seem real that she could do that to me. They're calling me a sore loser on the internet, and a big baby and all sorts of things I don't even want to repeat...
 
Sarah Palin called? Really? Wha'd she say? Aw, jeez Kathleen, you don't know it was Sarah Palin if they hung up before you answered... But I do appreciate you trying to make me feel better, I really do. Jeez, illiterate sonuvabitches around here can't even spell. Lisa with a Z, that ain't right. Yeah, I know life's not fair, but still... You think... You think you could make us some nachos? Yeah, a big ole pile of nachos with lots of cheese and jalapenos and bacon and uh whatever. You can't? Damn, it's going to be a long winter...

1 comment: