Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brewer cracks


Jan Brewer yesterday became the first Republican Governor to officially have 'had it up to here' with the Tea Party, and in a momentary fit of sanity, simultaneously became the first Governor to veto a perfectly good birther bill. The legislation would have empowered the Secretary of State to determine what documentation was good enough for a presidential candidate to qualify for the Arizona ballot.
 
"I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for president of the greatest and most powerful nation on Earth to submit their ‘early baptismal circumcision certificates’ among other records to the Arizona secretary of state," Brewer said in a statement accompanying the veto. "What is this piece of shit? You people are ridiculous and I've had just about enough of your nonsense."
 
"The Governor's words were right hurtful," said Carl Seel, the Republican sponsor of the bill. "This would have been real reform and I thought that she woulda liked it and shoot, now we gotta put Obama on the ballot. I guess we don't have to vote for him but I was hoping we wouldn't even have to see his name."
 
"Hoo hah, I think I smell my next campaign," said lobbyist and former congressman JD Hayworth, a birther in good standing. "I know I couldn't quite overcome the McCain machine, but a Governor who would thwart the will of her own people as expressed by the state legislature? She should be a pushover. You know, it's a shame. We could have been the first state with a birther bill but now Louisiana's probably going to lap us. Arizona never gets to be the first in anything except illegal aliens. Jan Brewer has ruined it for everybody."
 
Brewer's veto is expected to be overridden.

1 comment: